Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

saying goodbye.

last week i was offered a position teaching in a head start classroom at a chicago public school.  because this has been my goal since i finished graduate school nearly three years ago, and because it is a school with a great reputation, and because i have been struggling to pay the bills on my old salary, i accepted the position.

it was heartbreaking to say goodbye to my co-teachers and my kids. the good news is that my new school is also in the chinatown neighborhood, so i will be able to come back and visit often.

and now- i have approximately 12 hours of time in my classroom between today and next monday- the first day of school. 12 hours to arrange the entire room and create a curriculum.


yikes.

1 comment:

  1. oh my! what an amazing amount of work you'll get done in the next bit. take care. keep us in the loop. i'm glad another community of kids will get to know you. : )

    ReplyDelete